Fulbright Study Grants for Master’s Level Study Visits in USA, 2023; German- American Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the availability of study grants for one- to two-semester study visits at the Master’s level in the United States for German students.
This educational program is open to excellent German students who have just completed their graduation with very strong academic records.
The Fulbright scholarship program has been providing academic and cultural exchange opportunities since 1952, and it seeks dedicated and passionate students with diverse personal and academic backgrounds to actively engage in the Fulbright network.
Why should you choose US-German the Fulbright program? These programs offer applicants a wide range of courses, where they can study intensively in small groups and have personal conversations with their professors. They provide a lively and varied campus life, which is often especially interesting for Germans and helps to get involved in this stimulating setting.
University or Organisation
- Fulbright Germany
- Master’s level study visits
- Study grants covering various expenses
Application Deadline: September 8, 2023
- Eligible Countries: German nationals
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: All subjects offered by state-recognised universities
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- German nationality
- Convincing motivation for study and cultural exchange in the USA
- Active social, cultural, or political engagement.
How to Apply
- Submit the application online through the Fulbright Germany portal.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Questionnaire for applicants (in German)
- Study/Research Objective (1 page)
- Personal statement (1 page, in English)
- Transcript of Records (overview of academic achievements)
- Scan of the university entrance qualification
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in German or English
- Declaration of consent to data protection regulations
- Portfolio (only for artistic disciplines, if applicable)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfil the following admission requirements:
- Must be good to very good academic performance and English language skills
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree (or completion of required semesters) by the program start date.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfil the following language requirements:
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
The Fulbright study grants offer the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of the application fee at the host university
- Funding for living expenses and (part of) tuition, up to US$34,500 for 9 months and up to US$15,300 for 4 months
- Travel allowance of 1,400 euros for transatlantic arrival and departure
- Ancillary costs flat rate of 600 euros (for test fees and initial costs)
- Fee-free Fulbright visa issuance
- US Health and Accident Insurance
- Preparation and networking seminars
- Inclusion in the worldwide Fulbright Network, our digital platform
- Advice and support from Fulbright Germany and US partners