The Kyoto University of Advanced Science Scholarship 2024 in Japan welcomes applications from international students worldwide who aspire to pursue Master’s or PhD programs with financial assistance in Japan. Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply for the Kyoto University Scholarship in Japan, with all courses being conducted in the English language. As a result, proficiency in the Japanese language is not a prerequisite for enrolment.
Situated in Kameoka, Kyoto, Japan, the Kyoto University of Advanced Science is a privately-run institution. The scholarship’s duration is 4 years for undergraduate studies, 2 years for Master’s programs, and 3 years for doctoral studies.
- Institution: Kyoto University
- Level: Master, Ph.D
- Scholarship: funded
- Eligibility: Internationals
- Duration: 2-3 years
- Country of award: Japan
Kyoto University of Advanced Science offers two types of scholarships. Details are given below.
- Super KUAS-E Scholarship: Scholarship (for personal expenses) JPY 1,200,000/year*+ Tuition fee waiver (100%)** + Entrance fee waiver (100%).
- KUAS-E Scholarship: Tuition Fee Reduction (100%, 50% or 30%)** + Entrance Fee Reduction (100%, 50% or 30%) for Master
- Tuition fee waiver (100%)**+ Entrance fee waiver (100%) for doctoral studies.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Master’s program: 2 years
- Doctoral studies: 3 years
Checklist for Master’s, Doctoral applications:
- Postgraduate application
- Research Summary (required for PhD program ONLY)
- Research plan
- One essay (400-500 words, one-line)
- Official academic transcripts in English from all colleges and/or universities attended
- Certificates (expected) of completion of studies in English from academic institutions
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL iBT/IELTS/PTE）
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Scholarship Application Form.
How to Apply
There is an online application system to apply for the Kyoto University of Advanced Science Scholarship in Japan. The online application link is given below: