The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is jointly offered by the DAAD and the NRF to full-time Master’s and PhD students in South Africa in all fields of study at any South African university.All interested South African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship award. Applicants must be 30 (Masters) or 32 (PhD) years of age or younger in the year of application. Outstanding offer for applicants to financial assistance for higher education in South Africa.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a national body that represents all 365 of Germany’s higher education institutions. It is privately run, self-governing, and receives funding from both the federal government and the state. In addition, there are over 450 DAAD lecturer posts and approximately 50 information centres that make up the international DAAD network. The DAAD Scholarship is one of the most prestigious awards that the nation of Germany in Europe bestows upon exceptionally talented students from other countries.
University or Organisation
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
- South African Students
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Application Deadline: 11 July 2024
The scholarship program will cover the study fund to the successful candidates for the year 2024.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from South Africa are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: full-time Master’s and PhD students in South Africa in all fields of study at any South African university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be 30 (Masters) or 32 (PhD) years of age or younger in the year of application. The NRF minimum academic requirement for postgraduate funding is 65%.
- A South African citizenship or a permanent South African residency is a requirement for the scholarship.
How to Apply
- The applicants must submit an online application through the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants have to submit the following documents-
- Hand-signed curriculum vitae.
- Letter of admission for the host university/institution/ network.
- To support their documents candidates need to submit certified copies of the university, degree certificates including transcript and copy of their passport.
- Admission Requirements: You must meet the entry requirements for taking admission in the university.