University of California Irvine invites outstanding undergraduate and master’s degree students to apply for UCI Distinguished Scholarships category. Freshmen entering high school as well as transfer students can participate in academic 2023-2024 session by participating.
Freshmen students may renew the award up to three times; transfers beyond the initial tenure may extend it for an additional year if eligibility criteria are fulfilled. Applications for continuing studies scholarships can be submitted from January until the end of their current academic year.
UC Irvine offers undergraduate students many scholarship options through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual scholarship online application; applications will remain open from January until the end of each academic year.
UCI utilizes Scholarship Universe as an online platform that connects students to scholarship opportunities based on their profile. Scholarship Universe also allows them to access campus-wide as well as external awards.
FAFSA can be utilized to establish your eligibility for federal student aid; while California Dream Act Application offers students without documentation an easy and free way of applying as non-citizen non-residents under Assembly Bill 540 (AB540), or attending eligible California colleges/universities/career education programs to be considered non-residents and therefore receive state financial aid. Together these applications may assist with need-based scholarships as well as help determine how much financial support may be offered by states such as California.
Important to keep in mind is the Distinguished Scholarship category does not require an application; students automatically qualify as candidates through their UC application for admission and this award takes no special requirements into consideration during selection process. In order to be considered, fall admission eligibility should occur by November 30. If interested, students need to be submitted applications as early as possible in order to be considered for one or all three scholarship opportunities before November 30.
UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024:
- University of California Irvine
- Undergraduates & Masters
- Domestic & International Students
UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 Benefits:
- UC Irvine offers many attractive scholarship programs for California residents looking to graduate high school, such as freshmen entering university directly after high school, or transfer students who enroll from California Community Colleges. One popular scholarship that stands out is Regents’ Scholarship which automatically renews over 3 consecutive years for freshmen students entering university directly, or one additional consecutive year if recipients remain eligible and their initial award was for transfer students if certain eligibility requirements remain satisfied.
- UC Irvine provides several outstanding scholarship programs to California residents looking to graduate high school or transfer students transferring from a community college. One such award, known as the Dean’s Excellence Scholarship, may be renewable after its first year provided all eligibility conditions have been fulfilled.
- Directors’ Scholarship Directors’ Awards are one of UC Irvine’s premier scholarship programs for domestic and out-of-state students enrolled at UCI, providing renewable awards if all eligibility criteria have been fulfilled by them for one period at least.
UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category scholarships, applicants must meet these requirements:
- Students enrolled as full-time undergraduate and Master’s degree students (minimum 12 units each academic quarter) enrolled full-time (at least 12 units of academic credit each academic quarter) at UCI must submit this application form (Doctoral degree students should not fill out this application, instead consult their department/Graduate Division about potential scholarship/fellowship opportunities)
- Undergraduate applicants to UCI should possess at least a 2.5 GPA; applicants for financial aid at UCI require at least an 8.75 GPA overall and have submitted and been eligible to file the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to be considered for need-based scholarships and grants; this application can be filed at studentaid.ed.gov Alternatively, those not meeting this eligibility threshold but eligible under AB 540 fee exemption waiver should submit the California Dream Act application instead to secure need-based scholarship funding – an application can be filled out on dream.csac.ca.gov once completed successfully
Students eligible for this program include those seeking their initial bachelor’s degrees as U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or qualified non-citizens.
- International students may qualify for UCI scholarships; however, as they cannot submit either the FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application they do not have access to need-based awards that could potentially help cover these expenses.
Application Procedure For UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024:
How to Apply: The Distinguished Scholarship category does not require an application; rather, students automatically qualify based on their UC application for admission and automatically eligible for this type of scholarship.
- No additional requirements need to be fulfilled to be eligible for these awards; simply have been accepted into an admission program before November 30. To become eligible, each scholarship opportunity requires meeting these conditions: 1.) Admission within November 30, 2.) Eligible for at least one of these scholarships
- The Regents’ Scholarship is determined based on data derived from the UC Application for Admission as well as Scholarships, which requires no additional documents in its selection process. If you want to be considered, fall admission applications submitted before November 30 are eligible; those seeking Spring or Winter quarter admission don’t.
- The Chancellor’s Excellence Award is determined based on information gleaned from both the UC Application for Admission and scholarships that may have been received, without additional consideration being needed in selecting recipients. To be considered eligible for selection as part of this scholarship program, fall admission applications submitted before November 30th must be complete before being considered eligible; winter quarter and spring quarter applications won’t count towards it.
- A Director’s Scholarship is determined based on information contained within the University of California Application for Admission and Scholarships, with eligibility determined based on either being either a United States Citizen, a permanent resident, an international student holding an F1 visa, a foreign resident student from outside the US who also hold such status eligible to receive this Scholarship award. To apply for admissions before November 30 and be considered eligible for The Directors’ Scholarship you must make an admissions application during the Fall quarter as Spring and Winter candidates don’t meet this eligibility criterion.
The Application deadline For UCI Distinguished Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024 is November 30, 2023,